It's easy to connect to a Teams meeting!
Teams can be accessed at teams.microsoft.com (or link on the Portal@TWC page) for the 'light' version, or using an installed app for the 'full' version.
Article to install the full version of Teams here
Logging into Teams
For families with multiple students using a single device, it is possible to switch users in Teams. Link to article
Enter your full school email address and password.
Accept the prompts you receive.
Opening your class Team
Once Teams opens, select the class Team space you would like to view.
Students may have a team per class or lesson depending on their year level.
If a meeting has been initiated by your teacher and is in progress you will see the below and will have the option to 'join' the meeting.
Joining a meeting can be initiated from the class space, a Team calendar entry or received email link.
After using one of the 'join' methods, you will see the window highlighted further down this article 'joining a meeting-enabling your microphone and camera'.
The class meeting/chat space:
Alternatively, if your teacher has scheduled a meeting, it will appear in your 'calendar', found on the left side tabs.
You can click on a meeting to expand and view more details.
You can also join the meeting from from the expanded calendar entry.
You will receive an option to download Teams again, if you haven't done so, otherwise select 'open your Teams app'.
Joining the meeting - enabling your microphone and camera
Choose whether you want to start the meeting with your camera and microphone enabled. You can enable/disable once the meeting is joined.
Thats it! you should now be in the meeting and can participate in the conference.
- Remember to mute your microphone if not speaking and turn off your camera if voice only will suffice, as it uses less internet.
- You can 'Pin' your teacher to full screen. To do this, R-click on their webcam image and select the 'pin' option.
- With your webcam - be aware of your surroundings and what may be behind you. The 'Blur' function can help with this.
- See this article for Audio/Visual settings and troubleshooting. Link to article
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the ICT Department if you need assistance.