*THIS PROCESS IS NOT REVERSABLE*
WINDOWS 10 S MODE
When attempting to install software you may come across a message such as the following....
This means your laptop is in Windows 10 S mode.
If you like this can be confirmed here - Start > Settings > System > About.
Then look for Windows 10 Home in S mode.
HOW DO I TURN IT OFF?
1. Click Windows Start Menu.
2. Then click Settings [looks like a cog]
3. Next, click Update & Security [last in the list]
4. Then click Activation. [On the left bar]
5. Click Go to the Store. [Next to a shopping bag icon]
6. Then click Get.
7. Click Install.
This is done. You can now install downloaded applications from the internet.